Find Us

We aim to help you every step of the way...
FAQs and Info

FAQs and certificates - This page is about your questions when planning your exciting family day out. If you cannot find the information you require below please contact us directly. We understand reassurance of quality is important so have included some things we are proud of here.

Contact Information

You can contact us by Email:, Phone: 01202 622 022, Facebook and Twitter and our team will be happy to help you. We aim to respond to emails and social media messages within 24-48 hours. This may take a little longer during busier times e.g. School Holidays      
Do our animals live here until old age?

Do our animals live here until old age? Yes,   Almost all of Farmer Palmers animals have a home for life here. We treat them as our extended family.  They care for every day and the team know their individual personalities. We work closely with our vets for all of their vaccinations and health care.

Do I need to pre-book to visit?

Do I need to pre-book to visit? No. In the world of online booking we have decided to keep it easy. If the kids are ready to run off lots of energy we are your go to place! There is nothing worse than paying for tickets for your day out and finding out your little VIP has come down with something from school and needs to stay indoors!

When does the farm park open and close?

Farmer Palmer’s is open everyday from 10am – 4pm (in the Winter) and 10am – 5pm (in the Summer). We close over Christmas and early January to give the park a spruce up. For specific opening dates throughout the year please visit our Times and Prices page.

Is animal contact safe?

We sometime get asked if animal contact is safe? Children and animals can be unpredictable but our Animal Care and Hygiene is really important to us. Cleanliness and welfare rule at Farmer Palmer’s! For more info re hand washing and hygiene see this leaflet.

Can I visit the Farm if I am Pregnant?

It is advised that pregnant women do not come in to contact with the placenta of newly born lambs during the lambing season, as it is the placenta which carries the risk of Toxoplasmosis.

At Farmer Palmer’s Farm Park our ewes give birth to their lambs out in the field and are only brought in to the animal barn when completely dry, therefore it is safe to visit the farm while you are pregnant. If you have any further questions please just give us a call on 01202 622 022 or read our blog post on this topic.

Is there Public Transport to the Farm Park

Yes! Route 40 bus from Poole to Swanage will drop you at the end of our drive way! Full bus timetables can be found on the More Bus website.  

There are also train stations at Wareham and Holton Heath.

How do you help visitors in wheelchairs or disabled visitors?

How do you help visitors in wheelchairs or disabled visitors?

Our Welcome All training gives you great personal service. We are designed with ramps, wide doors, and pride ourselves on helping you get the most out of your day.

For more details visit our Disabled Access page.

Can we bring the dog?

Sorry, we do not allow dogs into the park (except guide/assistance dogs, provided they have paperwork and are in their uniform). We do have two kennels available where you can leave your dog during your visit. We can provide a bowl of fresh water and a pad lock for you to use. You are welcome to visit your pet as many times as you like throughout the day. We have dog beds and bedding to borrow and we also sell Staglers antler dog chews in our shop, a great long lasting treat!

Can we Feed the Animals?

We have a full daily timetable of Animal Events and Demonstrations for you to enjoy. The timetable includes lots of opportunities to feed our animals, but please do not feed them outside of these set demonstration times. Our animals have a carefully balanced diet and it’s not good for them to ‘snack’ in between meals. Human food is not suitable for them. In the summer months we grow Maize, please do not feed this to our animals either. Our Animal Barn team are responsible for the feeding of our animals, they may occasionally give Maize as a treat but this is arranged as part of their routine.

Can I bring a picnic?

Yes! We have a range of picnic tables in the farm park, with little ones for the children too! These are available on the front lawns, in the main yard, under the eaves of the Hen House Restaurant and in the Play Barn. In sunny weather we will provide parasols for shade. Picnics are not permitted in the Hen House Restaurant.

Will the Bouncy Castle be up?

The Bouncy Castle(s) will be up (inflated) unless the weather conditions make them unsuitable for use, for example; if it’s too windy, wet, hot or icy.

Can my Children visit without an Adult?

Sorry, No. All children (under the age of 16) must be accompanied by an Adult. Adult supervision is required to ensure children visiting the farm park are kept safe and cared for under the control of an Adult so as not to harm themselves, other visitors, animals or the farm park fixtures and fittings.

Can you donate a Raffle Prize?

Can you donate a raffle prize? Of course we can, infact we donate over 900 a year. Donating to Charities who are having fundraisers, PTA’s, School Fairs and many of you who have set up your own pages due to family loss.

What Do I need to Do
  1. We need a letter (with charity number)
  2. a stamped addressed envelope

post to Farmer Palmers, The Stable House, Organford, Poole BH16 6EU

What is the First Aid policy?

If an accident/incident occurs please ask a member of staff. Go to the Restaurant or Shop for access to certain minor first aid equipment for administration by yourself/an adult. Trained First Aiders are always on site or on call.

There is no legal obligation for us to provide or administer First Aid to the public but our trained First Aiders will always try to help if possible. Our policy is on display and in the daily newsletter.

Certificates and Licences Page

Certificates and Licences are an important part of running a business. We are proud of our standards and what our team achieve. Quality is part of our Values and Company Ethos. So here comes the paper bit………

Exhibiting Animals Licence

Selling Animals as Pets Licence

Food Standards Agency 5 start rating  to follow

2019 PIPA Testing Certificate

Indoor Play Area and Outdoor Play Area Certificates



How to I Give Feedback?

Looking after you is important to us. Providing all of our visitors with great client service is a priority for our team. Therefore, we aim to not just meet your expectations, but to exceed them! We believe without you, we are nothing! We appreciate we can learn from your feedback and constantly strive to meet your needs and those of your little ones.

For personal responses on any specific enquiries regarding passes, birthday parties etc please contact us direct rather than social media. Thanks

If your  ideas or questions are not answered here please feel to get in touch  or why not tell us about your Farmer Palmer’s experience

Simply choose

  1. CONTACT US form right here on the website.
  2. Phone for a chat on 01202 622 022
  3. email us directly to
  4. We love a letter in the post – Customer Feedback, Farmer Palmer’s Farm Park, Wareham Road, Organford, Poole BH166EU.
  5. You can feedback on social media (Facebook or Twitter),


Our Client Service Plan and Client Care Policy are in place to facilitate the delivery of our best service. This is supported by our Client Care Monitoring Policy

Is there a Cash Machine at Farmer Palmer’s?

Sorry, No. We can accept debit and credit card payments (including Apple Pay and Contactless) and we can also offer cash back. Yay!

Can I pay with credit or debit cards in the farm park?

We take Visa, Visa Debit, Connect Debit, Maestro, Mastercard, Solo, Visa Electron and American Express. We welcome card payments at reception, in the restaurant and in the gift shop. We can take contact-less card payments and we are able to offer cashback. We use Sagepay and Worldpay secure sites for our online systems.

Is there a designated smoking area?

Do you allow smoking? We have a designated smoking/vaping area which has it’s own shelter called the ‘Dog House’ on the grass area, adjacent to the Duck Pond. Please use this area only for smoking/vaping.